SAQ ( Short Answer Type Questions ) from the poem “On Killing A Tree”
1. Who wrote the poem ‘On Killing Tree’?
2. What type of poem is this?
3. What causes the bark of a tree to bleed?
4. ‘The bleeding bark will heal’ – Why does the bark bleed?
5. From where would the curled green twigs rise?
6. What, according to the poet, is ‘the most sensitive’ part of a tree?
7. What scorch and choke the tree after it is pulled out?
8. What will happen to miniature boughs, if unchecked?
9. What is the strength of a tree?
10. Why is the bark of a tree is called leprous?
11. “Not a simple jab of the knife will do it.”- What cannot a simple jab of the knife do?
12.“It has grown slowly”- What has grown slowly?
13. Where does the tree get its food?
14.“Not so much pain will do it”- When does the tree feel the pain?
15.“And from close to the ground will rise”- What will rise from close to the ground?
16. How will ‘the bleeding bark’ of the tree heal?
17.“Out of the anchoring earth;” What is meant by ‘anchoring earth’?
18.“The root is to be pulled out”- Why is the root to be pulled out?
19.“And out of its leprous hide sprouting…”- What sprouts out of the leprous hide?
20.“But this alone won’t do it”- What does ‘it’ refer to here? What does ‘this’ refer to here?
21.“…pulled out entirely,”- How is a tree to be pulled out entirely?
22.“Out from the earth cave”- what is to be pulled out from the earth cave?
23.“And from close to the ground”- what is close to the ground?
24“…will expand again”- what will expand again?
25.“And the strength of tree exposed”- When is the strength of the tree exposed?
26. “…hidden for years inside the earth”- what remained hidden inside the earth for years?