In the first lecture Prof. Sabyashachi Mishra of IIT, Kharagpur explains the origin of atomic studies and the basic structure of the sub molecular particle; as per NCERT syllabus of class 11 and 12. Students appearing NEET and JEE will benefit out of this lecture.
This video tutorial covers the following areas of inorganic chemistry as per syllabus of class XI and XII NCERT and other major boards of India
- Conceptual origin of fundamentals of particles and origin of the word Atom in the ancient times.
- John Dalton’s atomic theory, and its limitations.
- How Cathode Rays are formed in Cathode Ray discharge tube experiment by Michael Faraday and how they explain subatomic particles and their behaviour.
- Properties of Cathode Rays and presence of Kinetic Energy in the ray
- The experiment of J J Thompson; deflection of Cathode Rays on the application of Electrical and Magnetic fields, –
Effect of Charge and Mass in the deflection of Cathode Rays.
- Derivation of e/m ratio, and presence of a subatomic particle which is negatively charged.
- Millikan’s Oil Drop experiment and Derivation of charge of Electron.